Rights Respecting Schools Award - UNICEF
We are very proud to have been recognised as a Rights Respecting School having achieved our Rights Respecting Schools Silver Award in 2017. This is an initiative run by UNICEF to help school communities use the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child to develop a clear set of values that are actively upheld by pupils.
Rights Respecting Blog
There are 45 articles in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child which outline the rights of children. The pupils know that they have all these rights, but have chosen the nine rights that they think are the most important for them here in school, to study in more detail. These rights are as follows (the numbers link to the number of each article):
- 2. You have these rights no matter what!
- 6. You have the right to a life and to be healthy
- 12. You have a right to be listened to
- 14. You have a right to follow your own religion and beliefs
- 19. You have a right to be looked after and kept safe
- 24. You have a right to good food and water and to see the doctor if you are ill
- 28. You have a right to learn and to go to school
- 29. You have a right to become the best you can be
- 31. You have a right to relax and play